The Kotuku EDU is an Engine Data Unit for 4/6 Cylinder Lycoming engines. All data is published on the CanFly bus along with alarms for any value published.
The EDU also includes a data logger that can store engine data on 5 minute intervals (can be configured). This can be downloaded and viewed for later analysis
The EDU has the following input channels. All channels require a probe. These can be purchased separately, or you can reuse your existing probes.
- 6 K-Type EGT Probe channels.
- 6 K-Type CHT Probe channels.
- Outside air temperature channel.
- Oil temperature gauge.
- Oil pressure gauge.
- Fuel pressure gauge.
- Fuel flow meter. Configured for a Floscan 201A by default.
- 2 Fuel tank level gauges.
- 2 Tach channels.
- Voltage sensor for 12v system.
- Current sensor.
- Manifold pressure sensor.
The EDU has a single 50 pin connector that connects to all probes and probe wiring is provided with pre-crimped connectors to ensure a reliable fitting.
- Alarms can be set on any channel.
- Timing divergence alarm if 2 rpm sensors are fitted.
- kMag failure monitor if kMags are detected fitted.
- kMag MAP and Inlet air temperature. In this case the MAP sensor channel can be used for other purposes.
- RPM average from the 2 rpm channels, or kMags, or the 2 rpm inputs.
- Tach Time based on rpm > 50.
- EGT lean find. If kMags are fitted the kMags will do Auto-Lean if no mixture control fitted.
- Inlet air temperature average if kMags are fitted.
- Data logger.
All settings can be configured from the CanFly bus. No special programmers needed.
Engine Data Unit
- Brand: Kotuku Aerospace
- Product Code: EDU
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $695.00